Internationally, the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is challenging and changing our professional and personal lives each day.
Given the uncertainty of the progression of this pandemic, the NNVAWI Board of Directors has made the difficult decision to CANCEL the 23rd NNVAWI Conference in Malmo, Sweden, June 30-July 2, 2020.
We would like to thank Dr. Hafrún Finnbogadottir, Conference Chair, and her colleagues for their willingness to host the conference and the energy and time they have invested in developing an outstanding conference program that was intended to highlight the research and practice initiatives of our members. Please note:
- Refunds will be issued to paid registrants. More information about this process will follow shortly in future communication. Registration refund requests to be sent to Rita Sanguineti firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please remember to cancel your hotel accommodations in Malmo.
- We have received confirmation that the conference proceedings of accepted abstracts will still be published in the Special Issue of Global Qualitative Nursing Research.
- If you had an abstract of qualitative research accepted, we invite you to submit a paper based on this work for the Special Issue of Global Qualitative Nursing Research by September 30, 2020. All open access publication fees will be waived. For more information on how to submit your manuscript see https://www.nnvawi.org/conference/papers/
- The NNVAWI Board of Directors is exploring online opportunities through NNVAWI hosted webinars or through our website to allow presenters to disseminate key findings from studies accepted for presentation. Stay tuned for more details.
- The winners of the NNVAWI Awards will be announced at a later date.
- Thanks to APA! – guidance for creating an APA style reference for a cancelled conference presentation citation!
- Finally, while we will not have an opportunity to network this year in Sweden… we look forward to inviting you to the next NNVAWI Conference to be held June 21-23, 2022 in Durham, North Carolina, United States.
NNVAWI Board of Directors