Nursing Network on Violence Against Women International
"Transforming Health Services, Policies and Systems through Research, Education, Innovation and Partnerships"
September 26-28, 2018
Pillar and Post Conference Center, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada
More than 170 delegates from all over the world attended, including practitioners, researchers, students, policy makers, community leaders, managers, and advocates.
The conference provided a forum for nurses, social workers, counselors, physicians, advocates, community activists, policy makers and researchers to share their work and engage in dialogue about innovations in research, practice, education and policy that support action to create a violence-free world.
Special Areas of Focus Included:
- Scale up and Implementation of Promising Interventions and Practices
- Working Across Differences: Violence at the intersections of Gender, Class, Ability…
- Understanding and Addressing the Health Effects of Violence Across the Lifespan
- Engaging the Media, Policy Makers and the Public as Allies
- Health Professional Education and System Change
- Evolving Approaches to Community-Based Research
Conference Committee Members:
Local Members: Marilyn Ford-Gilboe and Victoria Smye (Co-Chairs), Helene Berman, Kim Jackson, Rachel Colquhoun, Tara Mantler
Board Members: Susan Jack, Donna Schminkey, Tazeen Ali, Leesa Hooker
NNVAWI Members: Hafrún Finnbogadóttir, Kelly Scott-Storey